Sunday, October 23, 2011

I want to be BOLD!!

I always feel so sad when I hear about a girl who didn't have a good father figure, or when someone is talking about "dead beat dads." It makes me sad and very grateful all at the same time. I have some amazing men in my life. Men who made sure to teach me that I am valuable, I am worthy, and I deserve some one to treat me the way I wanted to be treated. (And taught me that if some boy thought he could treat me badly, he wouldn't get very far!)

I guess I started thinking about this because my Grandfather is sick. He is my Great Grandfather but that doesn't matter. He is an amazing man, who has made me feel so special my entire life. Though I don't remember a time that he has ever called me Amanda. Oh, no! Grandpa Greer has called me Ms. Muffet for as long as I can remember. I don't really remember why but I know that I love it. When Ryan and I got married in 2009 we received a card addressed to Mr. Ryan Locuson and Ms. Muffet. Him and my Great Grandma called us the day before and all he could say is that, Ms. Muffet was way to young to get married. She was still a little kid.

My heart is aching at the thought of losing him. I am not good at this thing. I don't deal with loss well. So I am praying. We talked about prayer in church today. And I am not praying just for him to get better and for everything to get better. I am praying that I can be brave and bold. And that through this storm I can show my faith in God to my family. I know that when my Grandfather is called home, that he is going to spend eternity with Jesus, which is making the situation just a little bit bearable.

Again I am sure you are wondering what does this sad story have to with whole health? Well in the past I would have just clammed up. And sat silently though this storm. Only showing emotion when I thought no one was watching. But I want to be brave! I want to be bold! On my road to the new wholly healthy me, I want to stand firmly on what I believe and not be quiet.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Amanda - thanks so much for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Girl,
    Remember Sweetie, you are made up of your dad and me and the "Me side" is very bold. You are a very strong, intelligent woman and you know God will see you through. Don't hold it in - let it out - all of it. Say it like it is. One of the freedoms we have as Americans is freedom of speech. Never be afraid to say what is in your heart. As long as it is honest and from the heart people will respect you and your opinions. I love you, Mom xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete