Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31st

So today is one of the greatest days of the year! And before you get in a tizzy, no I am not a Halloween Fanatic! Today is my Daddy's birthday! It is true, on this day 46 years ago Dale Lyman Crary was born. My Grandma use to always tell me that it was the safest place to be on Halloween.

Most of you may not know my Dad, and some you may. But he is truly amazing. When things are crazy and I totally feel out of control, my Dad is always a constant. You always know where you stand with my Dad. He doesn't play games. He will give you the shirt off his back if you need it. He is the most sarcastic person I know. (If he isn't teasing you, he don't like you.)  And he loves me and my siblings with a passion that is unmeasurable.

My Dad served in the Navy for 20 years. He taught us what it meant to sacrifice for others, he taught how to stand up for what we believe in, He taught us the difference between right and wrong. And he taught us to stick it out, even when it gets so hard and you want to quit. Because if it is anything worth wild it is worth all the crap you have to go through to get it.

I know that my Dad had a lot of help along the way when it came to raising us kids, but I feel that because of my Dad I know the true value of family. I know what it looks like for a family to huddle together when things are hard. And I know at the end of the day if I don't have anything I have my family.

So I want to take a moment to say thank you Dad, thank  you for loving me when I was hard to love. Thank you for always having my back and standing with me. Thank you for teaching me how to live and how to love like there is no tomorrow. And thank you for showing me what family is all about! I love you with all my heart you will always be my hero!



No comments:

Post a Comment